When I talk to my boys I say, “Listen to my voice.” Why? Because I am training them to recognize it and obey it.
When we are spending time with others and their friends are clamoring for their attention, I want to be the one to have their attention at a moment’s notice. When we are out in public and the voices of strangers are distracting, I need them to pick out my voice above the crowd and follow it. If the devil is trying to tempt them, I want my sons to instead obey the words of life I am speaking to them.
In the middle of the cacophony of voices, I need them to hear mine.
When momma lays down the law, you best do it, boy!
My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother. Proverbs 1:8 NKJV
In the same way, we can relate to needing to know the voice of the Lord to obey it. For the next few posts we will be talking about hearing from God. We all have questions like:
- How do I hear from God?
- What do I do to learn His voice?
- How do I know His will?
- How do I distinguish between the Lord’s voice and other voices?
- Should I test what I hear with a sign?
It takes time to know God’s voice. In this series we will answer these questions, and any others you have. The comments section is open, and remember you are free to comment as anonymous.
Today’s post will act as a table of contents for the series. I will link back to this page as each post is published.
- Sit Down and Shut Up
- 5 Ways to Learn God’s Voice
- The Difference Between Your Voice and the Devil’s
- Characteristics of God’s Voice
- Hearing God’s Voice to Know His Will
- Deceived By a Demonic Voice Part 1
- Deceived By a Demonic Voice Part 2
- How to Pray When You’re Desperate to Hear God’s Voice
- Is it Okay to Test God with a Sign, Like Gideon’s Fleeces?
- What Not to Do When You Are Praying About a Relationship
I’m excited about this series and I hope you are, too! Pass the word about this series. It’s going to be so good, even I am going to subscribe. The first post will be up tomorrow. Subscribe so you don’t miss it!